Tuesday, March 18, 2008

well that was no fun

so... last night.. as i was working out, i get a text from my step mom. it says "tornado warning come home now!" so, of course i followed instructions. when i got home, there was heavy rain but not much more than that... but it got worse. a friend texted me and told me a tornado had touched down in cooper.. i live about 20 minutes from cooper on the southwest side of town (i say town, but i live in the country) my dad, well he is a sissy when it comes to storms... so we got THE ENTIRE FAMILY (including the dog) in the storm cellar for about 30 minutes. the wind finally started to calm down... but that is the part that scares me... i guess i have watched twister one too many times and i realize the calm is when the storm really hits.. but THANK GOODNESS i had cell phone service in the storm cellar.. (THANKS SPRINT!) so i called a friend and asked where it was and i was told it was more east now and it was safe! so.. that was my monday night. in a storm cellar.. with 4 other people.. and one stinky LOUD BARKiNG DOG. :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Haha. Oh that's awesome miss.