Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008

Since I have not blogged in QUITE some time, and I got a link to my blog.. thought I might give it some fresh-ness since November? December? Anyway, the new year is here. (look at that it rhymed!) I am not making a resolution this year. Actually, now that I think about it, I never have. Woops. I don't think making a rule for myself that I will not follow and then feel guilty about not following it is very bright. So ANYWHO, my 2008 GOALS are not too complicated. But are things I think are important in this point in my life:

1. To become a better WOman of God.
-- Read my Bible and Devotianal and talk to those (Kristin) that I know can help me with questions and I am pretty sure if she cannot help me she has got someone who can. :)
2. To be healthier.
-- I do not want to make the "diet" resolution cause I know I will never follow that. I watched The Biggest Loser Marathon and if a man can lose 200 pounds in a year... I can drink less dr pepper and run every now and again.
3. To be a better student.
-- I was a straight A student in high school. But that changed.. DRASTICALLY. Yes, college is harder but I can do better. READ BOOKS for real. My goodness.
4. To make sure I am happy.
-- I spent a lot of 2007 worrying about what other people. Some of them family and some of them friends. I lost one of my best friends(as in we are not friends anymore) and I was so hurt when it happened but now that it is over I am not worried anymore. I realized she was a burden on me. Why would I want a friend to walk all over me. I have found comfort in a few old friends from grade/middle school that are amazing. I know these people will help me in deciding what may be the best for me. I am not trying to be selfish but to make sure I do not put something so important to someone else in front of what I believe is right. I will not let someone walk over what I believe.

So there you have it. My little list. :)

Have a happy 2008!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Fun read. I like your goals! Maybe I should make a list of my own..? Hmmmm...
Anyway - keep blogging, girl! You're funny! :)

Kristin said...

Great post! I'm so glad we are friends!!! :)