Sunday, January 25, 2009

highways and broken hearts

Well,, I was thinking of a title for this post and I wanted it to be something about traveling, but there are no broken hearts in this story. Well maybe mine, but not from a love. I went to see one of my best friends this weekend about 2 and a half hours away from me because I have not seen her since Christmas. I got my lovely car back on Monday and this trip was planned for Friday. I was cruising along at my 65 MPH because it was night and raining... and there are those flashing lights.. GREAT! I am only going 65 and in Arkansas it is 70 at night, but I was following Texas law. The Officer comes to my window, I hand him my drivers license and asks me to get out of the car. My mind just starting running 874384975489 different directions. "Was my car reported stolen by accident?!" "Did I miss a speed limit change?" I walk back to my car and he says "The reason I pulled you over is because you don't have any tail lights. You don't have any weapons on you do you?" WOW. I never thought I would get asked that question. So I tell the Officer my story on how I just got my car back and had to have a new headlight so it must have blown a fuse on my tail lights, he writes me a warning and sends me on my way to the local O'Rileys to ask if they can check my fuse. Oh.. FYI if the Highway Patrol directs you to the O'Rileys, go there, Do not stop at the AutoZone becuase you see it first. LAZY and will not help. The very nice night manager at O'Rileys checks my fuses and says that's what it was and I should drive the rest off the way with my flashers on since they and my blinkers work. Strange, I know. So anways, I had a nice uneventful weekend with a really great friend. Didn't get stopped on the way home. :) But now I have to go get some fuses to fix my car, once again! GEEZ. HA.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Quite an adventurous tale! WEAPONS?!! ummm...NO.....
So, after you heart settled down (so THAT'S how it got broken) it sounds like y'all had a great weekend! :)