Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Evolution of Cell Phones

Well, yesterday my phone that I loved very much bit the dust so I had to go purchase a new one. I was not too excited about this! While waiting on my new phone to get activated I started thinking about all the phones I have had since I got a cell phone the first time at 16. So here goes:

1. Nokia Something or Another. It was free when my parents added a line to their plan haha, so that's what I took..



2. Motorola Flip Phone - because some one gave it to me.


After my little brother decided to hide that phone from me and not tell me where he hid it, I went back to the original nokia.

3. Audiovox


This was the first color - camera phone I got given to me used from someone I worked with. He liked to upgrade phones every 3 months or so, and he gave me this one after I graduated high school.



4. LG


The audiovox lasted through my freshman year of college then the screen went out and I couldn't get any numbers out of it. It was terrible! So, this phone I had to buy outright because my parents upgraded my plan to get a new phone when my dad dropped his in water.

5. Motorola OLD Flip Phone (which is so old I cannot find a picture for it)

I LOVED that lg phone, and it had a problem with the port you plugged the charger into breaking off. It happened once and it was repaired, and then a second time after a golf tournament. It was no longer in warranty so I bought this old motorola phone on Ebay. Interestingly enough, after I had received the phone I got an e-mail form Ebay making sure I was satisfied with my purchase because the seller had posted that very phone for sale multiple times online. I just happened to be the only lucky bidder that actually received the phone.


6. Katana II

My contract with Cellular One / Alltel finally expired so I switched to Sprint. The Katana I loved loved loved.






One fateful day in Dallas, I was using this phone and was particularly clumsy that day and dropped it about 5 times on concrete. It broke the ear piece and I had to speak to everyone on speaker phone.



7. LG Musiq

I was brave enough to try Ebay once more in search of a phone. I got this one brand new in the box with all the plastic still on it. Pretty lucky there.









But being the clumsy person that I am, I always carried my phone in my back pocket and one day ( I won't go into details) the phone ended up in not too sanitary water. So a friend graciously gave me her old origianl Katana.



8. Katana

This phone, much like the other Katana I had was reliable, but it was old. A friend had used it for two solid years and it still worked. I was shocked but relieved not to have to get a new phone.




9. Palm Treo

The Katana just wasn't cutting it and was cracking in some places, so I went to Ebay for the third time to purchase a phone because I still couldn't use my upgrade. Two years is hard for me to keep a phone. My record is about six months. Again, this phone came new in the box with all the plastic and this has been my FAVORITE phone!



This phone lasted me a record year and two months. I loved this phone. But the battery eventually got to where it would only stay charged about half a day and the brightness on the phone went out.


10. Blackberry Curve 8530


I have surrendered to the Blackberry. I can't believe it. I loved my palm but at my new job, I need to be able to get e-mails, texts, web alerts, and guess what, PHONE CALLS. (Crazy huh?) So, I got the new Blackberry Curvey yesterday. It is still taking some getting used to. I miss my touch screen on my palm, but the Curve is doing well as long as I do not drop it or submerge it in a liquid, it might survive!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Dang woman! That's a lot of phones! I loved this post!!!

brwilliams said...

haha, I just read it back to myself and wondered if it was the most boring post ever? haha!

Lisa said...

Hilarious! You've got quite a phone history! Makes me start counting back on mine......