Friday, December 5, 2008

Change... and not the kind Obama Promised

Well, I have thought and thought about posting this and decided I may as well just to get it out there, and the very few people that do read this won't mind I'm sure. :) I have recently spoke to a very close friend of mine about losing 15 pound before Christmas. I don't think this will happen, since I've cheated on my dr. peppers and ate way too much over Thanksgiving. But, starting today(!) I am on a weight loss goal to lose 30-40 pounds over an extended period of time. I know this is not something that will be dramatically done over a month like we see on The Biggest Loser, I know it will take some time. And there will be weeks that I gain pounds back, but I am going to try not to get discouraged. I am not happy with my appearance and I think this is part of why I haven't been so happy recently. I've put on some weight after high school, which most people do. I do not want to be this size forever, so instead of me complaining and crying over it, I am now going to do something about it. So here's to Day 1!

Starting Weight: This is embarrasing - 179.
Jean Size - 14/33

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yay for beginnings!!! I know you can do it!