Thursday, December 18, 2008

Men... The Good Ones

This look a little different around here, eh? I got bored at work today and decided I would give the ole blog a little make over. I kinda like it. I may make a few more tweaks here and there. But overall, I like it.

I need to get one more gift for my dad. He is not hard to buy for, I just feel the need to get him a little something extra special. He has been my rock my entire life. And with the ups and downs of the past few years with things he has always been the one that was there for me no matter what. He lets me cry when I need to, laughs at my jokes, and has guided me into a life where I can soon venture out into the world alone, and come home for his fried deer steak whenever I want. I don't know what I could do without my father. He's an amazing man.

My grandfather turns 80 in Feb. ya'll. I still can't believe it. He still lives by himself, cooks 3 meals a day, goes to volunteer at the food bank, and drives himself everywhere. This man has never had a cavity in his life. I don't know why I felt the need to mention that, but I digress. For Christmas, while my aunt was in vegas, picked him up a 50th Anniversay National Finals Rodeo Jacket, and it's awesome. We were going to get it embroidered with his name and years he judged at the NFR, but there isn't anyone in town that can do it before Christmas, so that is just going to have to wait until afterwards. So, SHHHHHHHHH! He doesn't have a clue! :) I love surprises!!

No comments: